How DO we learn math?
Top researchers in brain plasticity and growth mindset are working hard to get the word out to educators: anyone can learn math to a high level.
Some factors in facilitating expansive learning are:
- Ask Questions..."why does this make sense?"
- Math is about connections and creativity
- Depth is more important than speed
- Mistakes are Valuable
Using visual models, students have pictorial representations with which to anchor learning. Students move through the Symphony Math curriculum, bridging models to numbers. As a result, students deepen and expand their mathematical knowledge and confidence.
Symphony Math is a blended learning program that helps students connect the Big Ideas in mathematics. Symphony Math includes the necessary tools for success in your classroom, school, and district:
- An independent, fully integrated K-8 Screener/Benchmarker to identify At-Risk students and track growth throughout the school year
- A complete K-4* curriculum for foundational number sense that follows most curriculum and state standards
(*5th grade will be added in June!)
- Conceptual development AND fact fluency in one program
- IES had many recommendations for RTI. Symphony Math meets ALL of them
- Instant access to a full reporting and management system
- Offline practice materials for EVERY skill covered in the Symphony Math online program
If you would like to schedule a brief presentation on Symphony Math, please reply to this email, or contact me using the information below.
Educational Learning Systems, Inc.
Virginia Stoner - firstname.lastname@example.org